Join POWER Magazine and PCI experts as we uncover some keys to improving trading strategy. In today’s energy transition, it’s important to make the right trades to ensure reliability all while reaching budgets. This free webinar will cover techniques to establish trading targets and manage risk all while understanding your generation stack. This webinar is not a how-to training for end users — it’s a best practices workflow management/overview for trade floor leaders who might need to buy new software tools. Webinar speakers will deep dive into the following agenda and learning objectives.
- Establishing mid-term trading targets to manage risk
- Best practices for counterparty management, communication, risk, accounting, and settlement
- Determining DA and RT deal pricing
- Power scheduling and e-Tagging
- Deal actualization
- Back office, light touch to convey coverage/complete solution
- Contract settlement
- Trade accounting
- Trade PnL -> Post Analysis, transaction costing/stacking, Market PnL, and total portfolio PnL
What you’ll learn:
- Maximizing the value of your generation portfolio
- Outage planning
- Complexity management (constraints, bubbles, etc.)
- Knowing your break even DA and RT bilateral trading prices
- Block pricing
- Making money on both sides of transactions
- Understanding your generation stack and trading opportunities
- Leveraging enterprise platform automation to drive workflow efficiencies
- Freeing up time from mundane tasks
- Focusing on analysis and opportunity identification
About the presenters:
Justin Shearer is PCI’s vice president of Solutions, joining the company in 2013. Among the many important assignments he has filled over the years is the role of product ownership management for the company’s CAISO EIM solution. Before joining PCI, Justin was a quality assurance team lead for a multi-billion-dollar hedge fund and a security class actions analyst for a leading financial services firm. He earned his bachelor’s in English literature and language from University of Oklahoma. He received his MBA with a focus in MIS and supply chain management from the Price School of Business at the University of Oklahoma.
Brandon Leslie is PCI’s senior director of Energy Trading & Scheduling. Brandon has been in energy software for over 10 years, with an emphasis on creating innovative software solutions in the rapidly transforming energy landscape. Prior to leading PCI’s energy trading and scheduling product teams, Brandon worked with clients to implement PCI software, creating value through workflow automation and business process improvement. Brandon has a tremendous amount of knowledge on industry best practices, having worked with dozens of utilities and power producers. Brandon received his undergraduate degree and MBA from Southern Nazarene University in Oklahoma City.
Aaron Larson is POWER magazine’s executive editor. Aaron joined the POWER team in September 2013 as an associate editor and was named executive editor in 2017. Aaron has a bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering technology and a master’s degree, specializing in finance. He spent 13 years in the U.S. Navy nuclear power program, advancing to Chief Petty Officer. He has worked at commercial nuclear, biomass, and coal-fired power plants, functioning in operations, maintenance, safety, financial, and management capacities. Aaron holds a Chief A Engineer boiler operator license in the state of Minnesota.