Manage outages in less time and
with fewer errors
Built to simplify and modernize outage processes, making them transparent to plant operators, easy to track and audit, and sustainable by your organization for the long term.
- Save time and reduce rejections by validating data before it’s entered
- Configure dashboards for each role
- Automate calculations like reserve shutdown, attempted starts and synchronous hours
- Manage the entire outage lifecycle process, from the field to outage coordinator
- Easily record operating events for anytime-access and auditing
- Track the status of requests during different outage phases, quickly review and approve
- Analytics on every step of the process for all events.
- Reduce business continuity risks with market-leading software
- Seamlessly connect to PCI or third-party systems to share approved outage data across your enterprise
- Realize smarter interactions between PCI and third parties with APIs
With over 500 registered participants, the NEM spans Australia’s eastern and south-eastern coasts and comprises five interconnected states that also act as price regions: Queensland, New South Wales (including the Australian Capital Territory), South Australia, Victoria, and Tasmania.
Operated by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the WEM supplies electricity to the southwest of Western Australia via the South West Interconnected System (SWIS).
"With their success in building a base of referenceable clients in Europe, Australia, and Central & South America, we do anticipate that PCI will become a strong competitor in many, if not most, ETRM power and fuels deals around the globe."
Master Your Market
We have experience applying outage solutions across American markets, and we bring that experience and best practices to NEM to help you craft your workflows
PCI’s OMS is customizable to local market needs
Partnering to bring more solutions to the Australian Market
In addition to the functionality we already have in the market, PCI have implemented a broad range of software in other global markets that we can partner with Australian companies to bring to the Australian market.
A Global Leader
PCI is the number one software supplier to energy marketing and trading organizations in North America and one of the most successful in the world with a presence on 5 of the 7 continents.
According to a commissioned review of the business impact, a PCI customer saved $785,000 using the PCI OMS outages, weather, and generation forecast data.
15% Reduction in Work
A PCI customer benefited from an annual reduction of 15% person-hour each rate-making period, which alone amounted to an annual savings of $94K.
Providing a Local Presence
Here for you with expert,
We bring global market experience and full-spectrum software solutions to Australia operations with our local, growing team that’s backed by an internationally recognized company.
- We monitor and respond to market changes and updates so you don’t have to worry about nasty surprises.
Local PCI Rep
- Help is never far away thanks to your dedicated PCI Australia rep who can meet with you face to face or connect you with optional 24/7 support.
Full Service Software
- We have a breadth of configurable and compliant solutions beyond OMS so you can simplify by employing just one vendor.
How OG&E automates outage management using PCI
The comprehensive outage management system
Log and track any asset issues. Record chronologies of daily business events, perform regulatory compliance, and track internal workflows with our fully configurable and customizable journal log.
Automate the scheduling process so users can import, review and modify schedule data using PCI’s system or other applications. Verify schedule consistency with outages or derates.
Enhance communications between dispatchers and field personnel by providing an audited messaging system to support real-time three-way communications.
Plant personnel can review and update operational data driving day-ahead and real-time market offers. They can then monitor and report on market-clearing results and prices in the DA/RT modes.
Better manage NERC GADS compliant outages, derates and reserve shutdown events while making those events available to other PCI or third-party applications.