Discover how PCI Forecast Analytics improves the application of variable energy and load forecasts within your energy trading and operations.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What a renewable energy forecast is and how we use it. Hint: it’s not just a number!
- How we quantify and use uncertainty in the renewable forecast
- Managing the impacts of renewables on ancillary services
- Using multiple forecasts and forecast vendors to reduce portfolio risk
- How Artificial Intelligence assists in scaling up and managing hundreds of renewable assets and their forecasts
Who will benefit from this webinar:
- Balancing authorities monitoring imbalance of renewable-heavy portfolios
- Real-Time desks managing seams between Day-Ahead and Real-Time
- Energy traders and schedulers provisioning energy and ancillary services for their portfolios
- Short-term planners and forecasters evaluating portfolio decisions between tomorrow and the balance of the prompt month
- Anyone interested in understanding the operational challenges of managing an increasing number of renewable resources
About the presenters
Charles “CJ” Biddle: Charles “CJ” Biddle, a sr. principal technical consultant at PCI, works in many capacities, including developer, consultant, and support specialist, collaborating with clients to seamlessly integrate PCI software solutions.
CJ is a West region Engineering team lead, specializing in CAISO EIM PRSC operations. With over six years of expertise in Real-Time Market and Day-Ahead workflows, he played a key role in successfully launching EIM clients like APS, SMUD, SRP, and PNM. His forward-looking perspective ensures solutions align with evolving RTO/ISO-controlled market requirements.
CJ holds a master of science in financial engineering from Kent State University and a bachelor of science in meteorology from the University of Oklahoma. Over the past few years, he has automated and optimized participants in the CAISO Energy Imbalance Market, showcasing his technical know-how and adaptability. Known for bridging the gap between business users and technical engineers, CJ delivers solutions that truly benefit PCI Energy Solutions’ diverse clientele.
Dwarak Varadharajan: Dwaraknaath Varadharajan brings over four years of expertise in the energy industry and software development, having been an integral member of PCI since May 2019. Currently serving as the technical product manager for the Forecast Analytics team, Dwaraknaath leads initiatives to enhance our capabilities and drive strategic development of products. Prior to this role, he provided insights to the Southwest Power Pool (SPP) market settlement clients.
Dwaraknaath’s skillset encompasses proficiency in multiple programming languages, generative AI, machine learning, business intelligence, and cloud software development. Dwaraknaath holds a master of science in electrical engineering with a specialized focus on power systems from North Carolina State University. Additionally, he pursued a minor in statistics, underscoring his commitment to an analytical approach to problem-solving.