This webinar is a continuation of our FERC Order 881 series. In the last webinar we covered FERC 881 requirements, various initiatives underway at different ISO/RTO entities to meet compliance needs, and an overview of PCI’s rating management solution.
In this webinar we’ll take a deeper dive into PCI’s LRM (Line Rating Management) tool and review features and capabilities. We’ll also discuss some of the challenges of maintaining a consistent network model across different systems and review some suggested solutions.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Recent updates from ISOs/RTOs/RCs on progress toward FERC 881 compliance
- Features and functions of the PCI LRM solution
- Challenges to building a consistent line rating management solution
- Benefits of using an automated tool for line rating management and compliance
- How line rating management integrates with PCI’s other transmission solution offerings
- Feedback from other entities using PCI to meet FERC 881 requirements
Who will benefit from this webinar:
- Individuals or groups in the transmission and system operation centers of utilities
- Market and merchant employees who want a broader understanding of the compliance steps for the transmission system
- Regulatory and compliance employees who want a general understanding of the workings of the PCI solution and how it fits the requirements
Arun Devarakonda: Arun Devarakonda has been with PCI for over a decade and serves as the senior director for Asset Operations. With expertise in both Generation and Transmission solutions, Arun has led successful implementations across multiple ISOs in North America and international markets. He holds an MBA in IT and international business, along with a bachelor’s degree in information and communication technology.
Shawn Davis: Shawn Davis is one of PCI’s Enterprise Solutions managers and subject matter experts. Shawn holds multiple degrees, has served in the U.S. Navy, and has over 20 years of operations, trading, and regulatory experience in the North America energy markets.