FERC Order 881 is fast approaching in 2025, leaving transmission system operators with limited time to implement new systems and processes to comply with its requirements.
The order requires transmission operators (regardless of market participation) to use more granular ambient and seasonal adjusted line ratings when evaluating transmission requests. Additionally, the order requires transmission providers to establish workflows and procedures to calculate line ratings at minimum hourly. Changes to line ratings must be published to OASIS, and both methodology and line ratings must be shared among regional entities, market operators, and affected boundary systems.
Join PCI experts Arun Devarakonda, senior director of Asset Operations, and Shawn Davis, senior manager of Enterprise Solutions, as they review the requirements of 881 and PCI’s proposed solution offering.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What the order is and dates for compliance
- Options to consider when selecting a service for creating derates and submissions to OASIS
- Differences in each Reliability Entities interpretation of the new rule and how they intend to comply
- Concepts and suggestions for compliance and operations to meet the requirements
- Insight into work happening right now for clients who are already progressing toward a solution
- How line rating management integrates with PCI’s other transmission solution offerings
Who will benefit from this webinar:
- Individuals or groups in the transmission and system operation centers of utilities
- Market and merchant employees who want a broader understanding of the compliance steps for the transmission system
- Regulatory and compliance employees who want a general understanding of the workings of the PCI solution and how it fits the requirements
About the presenters:
Shawn Davis is one of PCI’s Enterprise Solutions managers and subject matter experts. Shawn holds multiple degrees and served in the U.S. Navy and has over 20 years of operations, trading, and regulatory experience in the North America energy markets.
Arun Devarakonda joined PCI in 2012 and serves as the senior director for Asset Operations. With expertise in both Generation and Transmission solutions, Arun has led successful implementations across multiple ISOs in North America and international markets. He holds an MBA in IT and international business, along with a bachelor’s degree in information & communication technology.