Join us from 11 a.m.-noon CT Thursday, May 25, as we host the free webinar: “Understanding New Market Initiatives in the West: WRAP, DAME, & EDAM.”
About this webinar
Market participants in the West are preparing for three new market initiatives:
- WRAP (Western Reliability Adequacy Program): Participants who are signing up for WRAP will need to demonstrate that they will have sufficient supply to serve loads for both forward periods (six to seven months in advance) as well as for day-ahead and real-time markets.
- DAME (Day-Ahead Market Extension for MRTU and WEIM participants): With the DAME initiative, CAISO plans to add DA flexible reserves to better address the rapid fluctuations in net load curves — a big operational issue caused by the increase in solar capacity.
- EDAM (Extended Day-Ahead Market for WEIM participants): The EDAM market, which is currently planned for 2025, will allow WEIM players to participate in the DA market. This DA market could add 1-3% in additional fuel cost savings.
Here’s what you’ll learn from the webinar:
- Details about the three new initiatives (WRAP, DAME, and EDAM) that will soon be launched in the West
- The impact of these three new initiatives (WRAP, DAME, and EDAM) on front-office and back-office workflows for WEIM and MRTU participants
- PCI recommendations on how to best prepare for these new market initiatives
We look forward to you joining us on May 25. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
About the presenters:
Khai Le, sr. vice president of PCI Energy Solutions, has conducted over 600 seminars on market-based operations, bidding strategies, portfolio optimization, and shadow settlement for utilities and ISOs worldwide over the past 47 years.
Khai received his bachelor’s degree from Harvey Mudd College and his master’s degree from Carnegie Mellon University.
Justin Shearer is PCI’s VP of Solutions. Justin earned his bachelor’s degree in English literature and language from the University of Oklahoma. He then received his MBA with a focus in MIS and supply chain management from the Price School of Business, also at the University of Oklahoma.
Shawn Davis is one of PCI’s Enterprise Solutions managers and subject matter experts. Shawn holds multiple degrees and served in the U.S. Navy and has over 20 years of operations, trading, and regulatory experience in the North America energy markets.