Unlock the full potential of hydrogen projects
Our industry-leading software is positioned to automate and optimize the management of hydrogen assets within ISO markets and regional hydrogen hubs.
Integrate hydrogen assets effectively
Overcome the complexities of modeling and co-optimizing your hydrogen project with a powerful blend of experienced consultants and proven software.
Model for Success
- Explore hydrogen projects that maximize the benefit of government incentives, including economic incentives, loans, and tax credits
- Co-optimize hydrogen along with other assets in your portfolio to ensure reliability, profitability, and sustainability
- Best-in-class algorithms co-optimize energy and ancillary services within an ISO/RTO with full consideration of CCGT transition costs, fuel constraints and efficiency curves, and degradation
- Enable due-diligence and Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) teams to anticipate the impacts and net benefits of hydrogen on supply and demand, water supply, transportation infrastructure, storage and more
- Reduce emissions faster and further with projects that are co-optimized with your system
- Identify profit-maximizing sector coupling opportunities along the make/move/store/use continuum
"Buying software is like buying a car. Anybody can just sell it. But how it works and is serviced and supported down the road is the key. We found that PCI delivered what they promised, and in many cases, exceeded what was promised."
"Coordination tools like PCI's allow us to provide the efficiency our customers and stakeholders expect from a world-class utility."
"PCI's staff have been phenomenal. The people that have worked with us on issues and enhancement requests are incredibly responsive. The support our business and IT users have received has been absolutely unbelievable."
We help determine the optimal integration of hydrogen assets
PCI’s Techno-Economic Analysis & Modeling (TEAM) consultants offer decades of operational experience to augment your own analysis with tools to simulate operations, discover value, and identify risk drivers
Identify suitable technologies, optimize component sizing, and simulate operating rules of the system prior to making a sizable investment. TEAM analytics and simulations also support Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Final Investment Decision (FID) processes with innovative software design, development and deployment strategies.
Assess the profitability and environmental performance of the project with a full base-year simulation at hourly granularity to capture the temporal intricacies of your renewable assets on hydrogen production, whether wind, solar or combination. Consider efficiency degradation, replacement capex, and market realities to make decisions armed with key numbers like net present value, payback time, rate of return, and avoided CO₂e emissions.
Hydrogen power: opportunities & challenges
Learn how utilities can economically produce, sell or use hydrogen for wholesale power generation using renewable power electrolysis, fuel cells, and combined-cycle gas turbines with hydrogen blending.
A proven partner for navigating the sustainable energy transition
PCI is a trusted partner to energy companies around the world with a thirty-year track record of rapidly adapting to the ever-changing energy landscape and policies.
Master Increasing Complexity
- Manage more generation units, contracts, and trades with the same resources through smart automation
- Respect license and environmental requirements by including them in all planning horizons
- Successfully integrate renewable assets into your portfolio with systems and procedures built to accommodate them
- Trade and incorporate new market instruments as they’re introduced
Capture Emerging Opportunities
- Maximize the life of your battery assets with State of Charge Management
- Take advantage of the opportunity to trade new commodities like energy credits
- Reliably incorporate weather-dependent renewable assets with confidence through industry-leading forecasting
Manage New Risks
- Make better capital allocation decisions about renewable assets and batteries with more accurate load forecasts
- Track and document your environmental commitments through emissions and greenhouse gas tracking
- Mitigate increased price risks from spikes and negative prices
The path forward for clean hydrogen production
Learn the pros and cons of introducing hydrogen into existing infrastructure, how to model hydrogen assets as part if a power generation portfolio using real-world scenarios, and how to assess the impacts on carbon emissions.
By the Numbers
Target: 80% cheaper clean hydrogen
The DOE’s “Hydrogen Shot” is part of the U.S. goal of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. This initiative, launched in June 2021, “seeks to reduce the cost of clean hydrogen by 80% to $1 per 1 kg in one decade”.