Simplify and speed up your outage management process
Effectively plan, schedule and manage all grid outages while meeting NERC requirements with our comprehensive transmission outage management toolkit
Manage outages in less time and
with fewer errors
Built to simplify and automate the transmission outage lifecycle, PCI’s Transmission Outage Management system makes outage entry quick and easy, with auditable outage changes, and workflows that scale to your needs.
- Manage the outage lifecycle from schedulers and line dispatch to control room and field crew
- Support for variety of approval, sign-off and study workflows
- Utilize gantt-style timelines to coordinate multi-year outage plans
- Download neighboring utility outages
- Automatic management of FERC 881 mandated ambient line ratings
Support Field Crew
- Template-driven switching order management
- Support for generating clearances and hot line holds
- Maintain and translate outages across multiple equipment models
- Record and track all operational events for anytime-access and auditing
- Forced outage detection, creation and submission
Integrate and Automate
- Generate NERC TADS reports based on outage events
- Track disturbance events and meet PRC-004 reporting requirements
- Conform to all ISO/RTO/RC and NERC data requirements
- Automatically share detailed information with market operators and regulatory authorities
- Detailed analytics available on role specific dashboards
"PCI’s Outage Management solution has dramatically improved our outage planning and communication process. Gone are the multitude of disconnected spreadsheets, forgotten emails, and last-minute group conference calls. Our team’s collaboration has never been better."
How OG&E automates outage management using PCI
The comprehensive outage management system
The PCI Transmission OMS is an integrated set of applications that streamline work processes and improve communications between field crew, substation operations, schedulers and control room.
Comply with FERC Order 881 mandating weather-based line ratings. Intuitive software calculates seasonal adjusted ratings for multiple weather zones to maximize capacity within regulations. Incorporates multiple season definitions and solar exposure times.
Driven by event data within the outage system, the TADS module can identify BES impacting equipment outages and create corresponding TADS report records. Users can provide supporting data and quickly generate NERC submissible reports.
Identify and log disturbance events, generate outages for any sustained disturbances, and track customers impacted. Support for tracking geospatial data specific to equipment and events
Identify, log and track protection system misoperation events for BES elements. Generate PRC-004 compliant reports for submission to NERC. Link records to disturbance events and comprehensive outage analysis.
Transmission OMS can communicate and interface with standard transmission tools such as PowerWorld and PSSE – making it easy for Transmission Engineers to initiate studies and post results into PCI.
Quickly coordinate real-time generation outages, conduct long-term outage planning and configure your workflows to streamline your operations. And do it all while meeting regulatory requirements and generating clear audit trails.
By the Numbers
According to a commissioned review of the business impact, a PCI customer in the Western US saved $785,000 using the PCI OMS outages, weather, and generation forecast data.
34 NERC metrics monitored
Monitor all 34 of the NERC metrics alongside 13 additional PCI performance metrics.
15% reduction in work
A PCI customer in the Western US benefited from an annual reduction of 15% person-hour each rate-making period which alone amounted to an annual savings of $94K.
Outage management overview video
This three minute video tour gives you a high-level overview of the PCI Outage Management System.
Centralized and streamlined outage planning
Basin Electric Power Cooperative uses PCI’s Outage Management solution to consolidate outage planning and coordination across their 80+ generation units into one centralized system. This simplifies workflows, provides easy access to outage data, and enables quick adjustments based on market performance insights.