We hope you and your loved ones had a happy holiday season and a fantastic start to 2023.
PCI’s 24/7 support did not pause, and everybody else at PCI is now back in full swing. For those who worked through the holidays to support PCI’s business-critical applications and keep the lights on, I would like to start with my deepest appreciation first.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to give you an update on what our company has been up to and how 2023 is shaping up for our mission to empower you to continuously optimize all aspects of energy production, trading, transmission, and consumption.
In 2022, we worked hard to improve and expand our products and services, adding new customers in all our solution areas: energy trading optimization, transmission and reliability, and sustainable energy. We welcomed new clients in all regions and accompanied many of you in joining new markets like West EIM, SPP WEIS, and the Southeast Energy Exchange Market (SEEM). We have continued expanding internationally in South America and the GCC region and added new offices in Lima (Peru) and Sydney (Australia).
We are excited to announce that several new applications and services are now built on PCI’s upgraded technology platform. PCI’s upgraded platform is designed to allow you to successfully navigate your digital transformation with software that constantly modernizes in the background without disrupting your workflows or leaving you behind on unsupported software.
Some use case highlights from last year:
- PCI SEEMTrader: PCI’s first autonomous trading application for SEEM). SEEMTrader sets a new standard for autonomous trading and delivery of trading analytics in wholesale markets. We absolutely intend to apply many of these concepts to the rest of the bilateral and RTO markets we are in.
- e-Tag+: Most PCI users have now upgraded to e-Tag+, an innovative and modern SaaS solution for physical scheduling in North America. PCI’s tagging solution provides a slick interface and automated tag workflows.
- Transmission Scheduling upgrade. A business-critical service for Transmission Scheduling called Minitag was upgraded to the new platform, bringing order-of-magnitude benefits in performance, allowing for the efficient and reliable processing of thousands of tags.
2022 was also a reconnection year. It marked PCI’s 30th year anniversary. We were able to reconnect in person with many of you at our annual conference that took place in San Diego. It felt like a privilege. One of the things we have learned in the last two years is not to take anything for granted, especially the opportunity to interact face-to-face with our clients.
Our next user conference, INFOCUS Conference 2023, is just around the corner — only three months away! This is a special milestone for us, as we will host clients in our hometown of Oklahoma City from April 12-14. Oklahoma has been a welcoming state and home for many PCIers like me.
The conference will be jam-packed with informative sessions, networking opportunities, and exciting product announcements. We will also offer a variety of social activities for attendees to enjoy.
You can still register. We can’t wait to see you there!
We have many exciting product changes planned for 2023, all of which we will present and showcase at INFOCUS:
- Enhancements to transmission scheduling and e-Tag software
- Upgrades to power scheduling applications with improved transmission management and trade-to-schedule automation
- End-to-end workflow support and automation for gas purchasing, from nominations to billing
- A comprehensive water scheduling solution
- Latest applications for evaluation of hydrogen decarbonization projects
- Latest developments in maximizing the value of batteries and distributed energy resources (DERs) participating in wholesale power markets
- An enhanced user experience for RTO market bidding that we will be delivering for the day-ahead west markets, Extended Day-Ahead Market (EDAM), and Markets+
- PCI’S Datahub, a state-of-the-art solution for data access and reporting in the PCI ecosystem
- Many upgrades to ETRM, including an upgraded cloud risk engine service, new reporting datamarts, and stronger ICE/CME trading integration
- …and much more
Our plan for 2023 aligns with our vision of creating software solutions that become an integral part of your success, helping you achieve a more reliable, affordable, and cleaner energy future.
I feel this vision is more important than ever in the current environment of volatile energy prices, raising concerns of energy security and challenges in the speed of the energy transition.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and help your business thrive in 2023!
Keep up with us in 2023. Subscribe to our Energy Essentials newsletter to hear from PCI experts on innovative products and services that will help you solve your toughest energy problems.