Simplify and automate your outage management process
Quickly coordinate real-time generation outages, conduct long-term outage planning and configure your workflows to streamline your operations. And do it all while meeting regulatory requirements and generating clear audit trails.
- Forced outage automation monitors EMS/PI Systems to quickly create and auto-submit outages to eliminate compliance risks
- Manage the entire outage lifecycle, from field crew to outage coordinators
- Automatically submit and sync with market operators and regulatory authorities
- Visually plan and review operational & long term outages
- Validate outage overlaps, create and enforce business rules
- Easily record operating events for anytime-access and auditing
- Calculate impact of physical unit outages on logical configurations
- Interface with NERC GADS to track KPIs and drive planning
- End to End ambient derate automation
- Analyze historical outage and plant performance to drive business decisions
- Dashboards with evolving widgets that aggregate outage information
- Use AI/ML to auto create events and adjust manually entered events for accuracy
- Easily conform to all ISO/RTO and NERC data requirements
How OG&E automates outage management using PCI
Learn from Richard Owen, Supervisor of Market Operations at Oklahoma Gas and Electric, how OG&E updated their outage management workflow and generated considerable benefits.
The comprehensive outage management system
The PCI Generation OMS is an integrated set of applications that streamline work processes and improve communications between field and operations personnel.
Log and track any asset issues. Record chronologies of daily business events, perform regulatory compliance, and track internal workflows with our fully configurable and customizable journal log.
Automate the scheduling process so users can import, review and modify schedule data using PCI’s system or other applications. Verify schedule consistency with outages or derates.
Enhance communications between dispatchers and field personnel by providing an audited messaging system to support real-time three-way communications.
Plant personnel can review and update operational data driving day-ahead and real-time market offers. They can then monitor and report on market-clearing results and prices in the DA/RT modes.
Better manage NERC GADS compliant outages, derates and reserve shutdown events while making those events available to other PCI or third-party applications.
Effectively plan, schedule and manage all grid outages while meeting NERC requirements with our comprehensive transmission outage management toolkit
By the Numbers
According to a commissioned review of the business impact, a PCI customer in the Western US saved $785,000 using the PCI OMS outages, weather, and generation forecast data.
34 NERC metrics monitored
Monitor all 34 of the NERC metrics alongside 13 additional PCI performance metrics
15% reduction in work
A PCI customer in the Western US benefited from an annual reduction of 15% person-hour each rate-making period which alone amounted to an annual savings of $94K
PCI outage management overview video
This three minute video tour gives you a high-level overview of the PCI Outage Management System