Optimizing commitment and dispatch of hydro generation and/or pumping resources along a cascading system of rivers and reservoirs can be a very complex issue. PCI’s robust optimization platform, powered by our industry-leading “GenTrader” engine, incorporates a very high level of detail and study flexibility that captures the wide assortment of physical characteristics and constraints necessary to minimize costs and maximize profits for complex portfolios.
PCI’s webinar will focus on many key aspects and benefits of our Enhanced Hydro Network Model, including:
- Comprehensive portfolio co-optimization for a complete 360° view.
- Modeling hydro assets and constraints that impact operations.
- Position management and reporting.
- Specific benefits derived by utilizing PCI Platform to optimize hydro power resources.
Debra Warady (Manager, Resource Optimization – Sacramento Municipal Utilities District)
- For 30-years, Debra has worked in six SMUD departments, all focused on operating and optimizing the utility’s energy portfolio.
- In her current role, Debra supervises a team responsible for outage planning, hydro operations planning, managing the CAISO’s Resource Database Template (RDT) and modeling SMUD’s portfolio using PCI’s optimization platform.