Twenty entities in parts of 11 Southeastern states are working together to form the new Southeast Energy Exchange Market (SEEM) that will provide an automated clearing engine to match bids and offers in 15-minute intervals. SEEM will increase the volume of real-time energy trades by using a zero-cost, non-firm transmission product while meeting all transmission constraints.
SEEM will re-use the current infrastructure for bilateral transactions, namely enabling bilateral agreements, e-Tag schedules, and point-to-point transmission reservations. Planned for go-live late in 2022, SEEM is projected to generate annual benefits ranging from $40 to $100 million per year.
The purpose of this online EUCI course is to review:
- The performance of the new SEEM market
- The trading workflow for SEEM market participants, transmission service providers, and administrators
- Strategies to maximize SEEM market benefits.
The workshop will also help you:
- “Connect the dots” between front-office trade creation and submission, 15-minute cleared trades/prices, P&L metrics, as well as settlement results.
- Provide case studies to illustrate how market participants can:
- Automatically create bids and offers using resource plans and;
- Compute actual P&L for cleared SEEM trades using 15-minute meter data